As of 8:30 a.m. today, I've broke up two fights between Landry and Barrett, watched a terrible cartoon, cleaned up a milk spill in the kitchen and had to wash Barrett's sheets because he wet the bed. Needless to say, our Sunday mornings are NOT relaxing and I so wish I could be with you both enjoying a serene little morning.
Papa, I hope you're feeling good. The kids and I will call tonight on FaceTime. I think Bradley is coming over and I thought it would be fun if we all jumped on the call with you to catch up.
Yesterday Michael and I took the kids on a little road trip about an hour north of Dallas. I'm really starting to work on my store (that's it above!) and trying to find unique displays to make it feel like an old mercantile and special. I found this vintage '70s Coca-Cola truck on Craigslist in a tiny town called Krum and we went to check it out.
After we toured the truck (not sure if I'm going to pull the trigger on it; it's huge) we visited a darling little town nearby called Denton where they have a historic town square and cute shops and cafes. We ate at an old school diner that has been there since the early 1900s. We had a delicious lunch and then went to the ice cream parlor next door for yummy homemade ice cream for only 63 cents a scoop! We visited some old five and dime type stores and the kids even got to color art at one cute shop.
Last night Michael and I went out for a date night to celebrate his birthday. His actual birthday is Tuesday but he leaves town today through Friday for work. Thank goodness my mom arrives Tuesday to help me with these crazy kiddos.
I hope you have a nice relaxing day and you get lots of rest Papa. We miss you!
Love,
Brittany
No comments:
Post a Comment